Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Final Countdown

Well since I found out that I was excepted to have the bypass, I have been semi gorging out on food. I gotta tell you have been sick of eating. So I don't understand how I let myself get this way. It might have been when my life started circling around my little girl, the depression was getting worse, who the heck knows.
Any way, I don't understand how people can gorge themselves everyday. The more I eat the worse I feel. I am starting to feel bad every time I eat (gorge); which is the way I need my mind to think, right? I DON'T EAT LIVE TO EAT, I EAT TO LIVE. I get to go to another dietary class next Wednesday, I am excited. I want to learn how to eat. Eat right, eat healthy, to give my body the good things. I am so excited yet so scared. I filled out a living will. You never know. When my number is called it is time. Thanks for listening.

KIMBER

2 comments:

  1. Def DON'T gorge on food...you need to shrink your liver ~ find things to keep you busy now b/c you will have to do this during your liquid diet and def AFTER surgery. For example, take up crocheting, walking, gardening.

    What you are experiencing is head hunger (BTDT) and you will realize that you will need to be in control of this the rest of your life. This surgery only works on our stomach, not our heads unfortunately.

    Have you bought your supplements/protein powders yet? It's good to have several on hand b/c our tastes change after surgery ~ I found that I hated the 1 protein powder I had bought, wish that I had several on hand before surgery, LOL! Also, you need a written out plan of what your intake is going to be after surgery, having an idea may sound good but unless you have a written plan that you can follow (and have those foods on hand) it can become frustrating to find something to "nourish" your body.

    Take this time before surgery to take pics of yourself for this is the LAST time in your life you will be like this. Makes a list of your goals short/long-term, makes changes now to support yourself in the longterm such as cutting out pasta/rice/bread before surgery b/c these are foods that you should elimate and/or reduce afterwards.

    I hope this all helps and I URGE YOU to join obesityhelp.com (my username is aims) it is a resource that is sooooo valuable, answers/support are just a click away ~ we are there to help!

    xox

    Amy

    ReplyDelete